WHAT: Unified Development Ordinance Workshop – Topic-related workshops and discussion groups.
WHEN: Thursday, Feb. 4th, Sessions from 9a – 6p, Open Topic Session 7p – 9p
WHERE: Empire State College, 2 Union Avenue, Saratoga Springs
Saratoga Springs is at the beginning stage of a year-long process to update its land use regulations in a comprehensive local ordinance (called, for now, the “Unified Development Ordinance” or UDO). The goal is to have the city’s land use regulations conform to the policies of the new 2015 Comprehensive Plan. When completed, this document will contain the city’s regulations pertaining to development and conservation. The city’s sustainability programs should also be part of this new comprehensive Ordinance.
On Thursday, February 4, the City is holding a day-long and evening workshop to hear from the public. What are your priority issues and actions for inclusion in the city code?
- 9 am – 10 am Development Review and Approval Process
- 10 am – 11 am Energy, Sustainability and the Environment
- 11 am – 12 pm Economic Development
- 12 pm – 1 pm ~ BREAK ~
- 1 pm – 2 pm Housing Options
- 2 pm – 3 pm Preservation
- 3 pm – 3:30 pm ~ BREAK ~
- 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm Streetscapes, Parks and the Public Realm
- 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm Neighborhood and Community Character
- 5:30 pm – 7 pm ~ BREAK ~
- 7 pm – 9 pm Open Group Table Discussions (No Sign Up Needed)